Passivation is a chemical process to protect zinc, zinc-nickel and zinc-iron coatings from white corrosion.
- absence of Cr +6, compliant with RoHS (2002/95/EC), ELV (2000/53/EC), 2003/36/EC and 2000/53/EC;
- process based on trivalent chromium;
- applied on zamak or materials with zinc, zinc-nickel and zinc-iron coatings;
- applied by frame and barrel plating;
- film not sensitive to heat and dehydrated;
- thinner films (400 – 500 nm) and little crazing;
- types of passivation: white, white iridescent (yellow +3), tropical trivalent, black, black special, transparent COAT and transparent blue.