The zinc-nickel is an electroplating process which uses zinc-nickel alloy with nickel content between 12-15 %, obtained by alkaline aqueous solutions with specific additives, used for technical purposes in many applications.
- absence of Cr +6, compliant with the RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC), ELV (2000/53/EC) and 2003/36/EC;
- applied on Zamak, Steel (Iron), Cast Iron, heat treated Carbon Steel, copper and its alloys;
- high resistance to corrosion;
- deposit compact with high uniformity of thickness;
- semi gloss look;
- hardness surface 450 HV and high resistance to mechanical wear;
- reduced formation of white salts (white rust);
- process approved by car manufacturers: BMW, Fiat, Ford, PSA, VW, Renault, Toyota, GM and Volvo;
- possibility to apply sealants and lubrificants to increase the corrosion resistance, adjust the coefficient of friction and uniform the aesthetic of colouring.