Laminates designed to be used in the manufacturing of IMS printed circuit boards (Insulated Metal Substrate), generally consisting of 3 parts:
- metallic substrate, usually aluminium or copper;
- dielectric layer, of different nature and thicknes;
- copper foil, on one or both sides;
The thin dielectric layer with a high coefficient of thermal conductivity provides effective transfer of heat from electronic components towards the external environment through the base and, at the same time, high values of Dielectric Strength between the circuit layer and the metal substrate.
In order to treat this kind of laminates, the production process of printed circuit boards requires proper modifications and technical precautions in some steps.
Concerning the metallic materials we have these UL approvals (file UL: E57853):
- TCAL1: “THERMAL CLAD” BERGQUIST on aluminium base with dielectric MP type
- TCAL2: DENKA on aluminium base with dielectric K1 type
- TCAL3: TACONIC on aluminium base with dielectric 10/85 type
- TCAL4: ITEQ on aluminium base with dielectric 859 GTA type
- TCAL5: BERGQUIST on aluminium base with dielectric HR type
- TCAL6: VENTEC on aluminium base with dielectric 4B3 type
- TCuCu1: “THERMAL CLAD” BERGQUIST on copper base with dielectric MP type